Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Weigh in Wednesday! {2.5.14}


it's time for Weigh in Wednesday! Gosh, sometimes it's SO hard to stay on track... Not that I've been eating terrible but I'm just frustrated and want nothing more then to eat a big ol greasy cheese burger and yummy cheese fries then not workout for how ever long I feel like... I feel stuck!!!! Anyone else ever feel like this???? Well... Enough of my pity party... let's find some motivation!

Thank you pinterest! {follow me here }

I really like this!
 
I started this saying I didn't care what the scale said as long as I fell better about myself!
 
 

Ok, now onto something yummy that's not too bad for you! I've been looking into carb cycling and so I've been looking for more options for low carb... I came across this and wanted to share!


Kaye over at My healthy Journey posted 90 days of Low carb recipes... you can check them out HERE and I just love this one {here}

Lower-Carb Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • 2 Tbsp. light/low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar blend, not packed (if you’d prefer to use real brown sugar, increase quantity to 1 Tbsp.)
  • 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 8–10 ounces boneless skinless chicken, cooked and cubed
  • 1 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup bean sprouts (I use the fresh ones from the produce section rather than the canned because they have better texture)
  • 3/4 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onions
  • 8–12 leaves from lettuce such as iceburg, hearts of Romaine (not the dark-green, leafy exterior leaves), bibb, or escarole. You could also use green or red cabbage, if that’s more to your taste.
To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, and sesame oil. Stir well and set aside.

In a large skillet preheated over medium heat, combine chicken, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and mushrooms (if using). Sauté about 1 minute. Add the sauce and stir to combine well. Cook 2–3 minutes more, until sauce begins to thicken slightly. Add scallions, stir, and cook 1 additional minute.

Divide mixture evenly between the lettuce “cups” and wrap up to eat.



Serves 4
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories: 140
Fat: 2.75 g
Net Carbs: 7.5 g
Protein: 19g



More menus at orgjunkie.com
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment